- Date de réalisation : 18 Mai 2018
- Durée du programme : 8 min
- Classification Dewey : Droits civils et politiques
6 - PublicDemoS- Public Space Democracy
Une journée d’étude internationale du projet PublicDemoS (Public Space Democracy) intitulée « Artistic Expressions and Aesthetic Styles in Public Space » a eu lieu à l’EHESS le vendredi 18 mai 2018.
Public space is the place for assembly of people, empowerment of persons. It is the hub of democracy as well as the manifestation of state power. PublicDemoS Project explores the ways in which new forms of public agency extends politics to everyday life experiences, opening up avenues of artistic expressions and aesthetic forms. The core aim of this project is to renew democratic agendas by politics of performative citizenship and public making in multicultural settings.
- Misal Adnan Yildiz, Berlin based curator, writer and educator
"The Silence in the Park"
You presented the case of a park in Turkey prohibiting languages other than Turkish in the public space. How art can help to go beyond the mono linguistic public spaces of Nation-States?
- Jonas Tinius, Postdoctoral research fellow in the Institute of European Ethnology in the Humboldt Universty, Berlin
"In the midst of darkness, I called you" (Orpheus): Interstitial agency and postmigrant theatre in Germany
You are working on refugee theaters in Germany’s postindustrial Ruhr Valley. How the postmigrant theater contributes and transforms the national culture ?
- Danila Mayer, independent researcher in ethnology, consultant, trainer for financed Erasmus+ integration project
"New Artistic and Curatorial Approaches to Migration and Diversity in Vienna"
You presented some examples of exhibitions on migration in Vienna. How these artistic initiatives contribute to overcome the polarization between host countries and migrants?
- Ina Belcheva, PhD Candidate at Philosophy Department, Paris I Sorbonne University
"Monuments in the Post-Socialist Public Space: The Case of the Mausoleum of Georgi Dimitrov in Sofia"
You presented an example a socialist monument in the South-East European context.How public art is mobilized and used in the construction and deconstruction of collective memory?