- Date de réalisation : 23 Mai 2019
- Durée du programme : 141 min
- Classification Dewey : Mouvements de population. Migrations, Étudiants, discipline, orientation, programmes d'enseignement dans l'enseignement supérieur
- Auteur(s) : WIEVIORKA Michel, PROCOLI Angela, LABORIER Pascale, LOHEAC Laura
- producteur : FMSH Production
« MIGRATION » OF SCHOLARS AT RISK, WHAT PERSPECTIVES OF COOPERATION FOR THE PHILANTHROPIC SECTOR?
Workshop - 2019 EFC conference
The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme and the Pause Program organize a discussion on « Migration » of scholars at risk, what perspectives of cooperation for the philanthropic sector?
Many programs have been set up to provide temporary protection for scholars and students fleeing conflict zones, natural disasters or persecution. However, the issue of their integration into the academic or corporate worlds remains open.
Building on testimonials of threatened scholars and of people working in the field the debate will focus on the impact of such initiatives and the role the philanthropic sector could play in implementing longer-term solutions.
9.45 am | Welcome from the FMSH and the Pause program
10.00 am | Laura Lohéac
Overview of the main programs for refugee scholars and students in Europe
10.15 am | Roundtable
Building on testimonials of threatened scholars, the debate will focus on the impact that fellowship programs have on their career development and the role that the philanthropic sector could play in implementing longer-term solutions.
Moderator: Pascale Laborier
- Part I | Why and how the philanthropic sector supports students and scholars at risk in Europe?
- Part II | Beyond providing scholarships which is the impact that fellowship programs have on fellows’ career development and the role that the philanthropic sector could play in implementing longer-term solutions.
12.00 | Screenings
Science in Exil - TWAS
Rapid Response Mechanism for Higher Education in Emergencies - Global Platform for Syrian Students