- Date de réalisation : 2 Mars 2018
- Durée du programme : 6 min
- Classification Dewey : Droits civils et politiques
5 - PublicDemos Public Space Democraty
Une journée d’étude internationale du projet PublicDemoS (Public Space Democracy) intitulée « international study group on spatial dimensions of public memory » a eu lieu à l’EHESS le vendredi 2 mars 2018.
Public space is the place for assembly of people, empowerment of persons. It is the hub of democracy as well as the manifestation of state power. PublicDemoS Project explores the ways in which new forms of public agency extends politics to everyday life experiences, opening up avenues of artistic expressions and aesthetic forms. The core aim of this project is to renew democratic agendas by politics of performative citizenship and public making in multicultural settings.
Public Memory Study Group 2ndof March 2018
- Lynda Zein, Architect, lecturer at Arship Prague
You presented a paper on destruction and reconstruction of the city of Homs in Syria. Can you explain how architecture becomes an instrument for shaping the collective memory ?
- Mechtild Wildrich, Assistant Professor in the Art History, Theory and Criticism Department at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago
How the term « site-specifity » helps us to rethink artistic interventions in the public sphere ? Can you give examples ?
- Nazlı Temir, Research assistant in the project « Economic History and Patrimony of Inegalities in France » of Paris School of Economy and California Institute of Technology
In your presentation you mentioned an exhibition that opened up a discussion on Armenian memory. How the plurality of memories are mobilized in public sphere through art?