- Date de réalisation : 8 Septembre 2016
- Durée du programme : 3 min
- Classification Dewey : Internet
- Auteur(s) : FARON ZUCKER Catherine, CORBY Olivier, GANDON Fabien
- Langue : Anglais
- Mots-clés : HTML, linked data, semantic web, web of data
- Conditions d’utilisation / Copyright : Unless otherwise specified, the course material is provided under the Creative Commons License BY-NC-ND: the name of the author should always be mentioned; the user can exploit the work except in a commercial context; and he or she cannot make changes to the original work.
Conclusion of the MOOC Introduction to a Web of Linked Data
This video gives a summary of all the notions that have been presented in the 4 parts of the MOOC Introduction to a Web of Linked Data.
We saw that we can use HTTP URIs to identify any resource around us. Then, we can use RDF to describe and link these resources. Then we can query the data we have published using HTTP, SPARQL or LDP. We can embed these descriptions in Web pages using RDFa and we can map all the data such as JSON or CSV using a number of standards. Many tools are available and implementing the standards we presented you. You have the URI here of a wiki page where many tools are actually described.
To also summarize our vision of the evolution of the Web we can say that we went from a Web where we were linking documents to a Web open to contributions from everyone. And we are now moving to a new evolution of the Web, where the data is available to all the computers.
The Web remains a unique space, in a very sense. Initially, we had this vision of a surfer on the Web accessing documents linked together. Then with the social Web, we had this notion of social network, where the Web is also linking people together. With the Web of Linked Data, we are now publishing data directly and linking them directly. With the Web of services and Web applications, we are also linking programs together. And one way to actually identify what we're talking about and link all these things together is through the metadata of the Web
of Linked Data. That's why you will always hear me say that I believe that he who controls metadata, controls the Web and through the world wide Web many things of our world.