- Date de réalisation : 28 Juin 2018
- Durée du programme : 55 min
- Classification Dewey : Mathématiques
- Auteur(s) : Pasquinelli Irene
- Réalisateur(s) : Girard Yohan
- Langue : Anglais
- Mots-clés : Grenoble, eem2018, Teichmüller dynamics mapping class groups and applications, Deligne-Mostow lattices, cone metrics
- Conditions d’utilisation / Copyright : CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
Dans la même collectionC. Spicer - Minimal models of foliations F. Touzet - About the analytic classification of two dimensional neighborhoods of elliptic curves S. Druel - A decomposition theorem for singular spaces with trivial canonical class (Part 5) A. Höring - A decomposition theorem for singular spaces with trivial canonical class (Part 3) H. Guenancia - A decomposition theorem for singular spaces with trivial canonical class (Part 2) E. Amerik - On the characteristic foliation
I. Pasquinelli - Deligne-Mostow lattices and cone metrics on the sphere
Finding lattices in PU(n,1) has been one of the major challenges of the last decades. One way of constructing a lattice is to give a fundamental domain for its action on the complex hyperbolic space.
One approach, successful for some lattices, consists of seeing the complex hyperbolic space as the configuration space of cone metrics on the sphere and of studying the action of some maps exchanging the cone points with same cone angle.
In this talk we will see how this construction can be used to build fundamental polyhedra for all Deligne-Mostow lattices in PU(2,1).